Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect
We can help you hold the nursing home accountable
Nursing homes serve an important role in our society - they care for our loved ones when they can no longer care for themselves. That's why nursing home abuse and neglect cases are so upsetting. Instead of making their residents' lives better, some nursing homes cause serious harm that results in severe injuries or even death.
If your parent, grandparent or someone else close to you has been injured in a nursing home, you may feel overwhelmed and confused about what to do next. The nursing home might deny any wrongdoing. Your loved one might not remember exactly what happened. In these complex cases, it's critical to have someone on your side who understands how the legal system works and knows how to confront nursing homes and dig for the truth.
You can trust George S. Johnson to guide you toward justice for your loved one. An experienced attorney with a strong track record of success, George has dedicated his career to fighting for nursing home neglect and abuse victims in greater Atlanta and throughout Georgia. He knows what evidence to look for and how to transform those facts into results. If you have questions and need to find out if you have a case, George is ready to meet with you and explore your options.
"What should I do if I suspect nursing home abuse or neglect?"
As soon as you suspect something is wrong with your loved one, we strongly recommend you take these three important steps:
- Seek immediate medical attention - Your loved one's health matters most. If something seems wrong, have a medical professional examine your loved one right away. His or her life could be at risk.
- Contact Georgia's Ombudsman Long Term Care Residents' Advocate - This state program investigates claims of elder abuse and other complaints involving long-term care facilities in Georgia. The office can be reached online.
- Contact George S. Johnson - He can work with you every step of the way to make sure your rights are protected. Call (866) 904-6653 and schedule your free case evaluation.
Learn more about nursing home abuse and neglect cases by clicking on the links listed below:
- Types of Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect
- Warning Signs of Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect
- Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect FAQ
- Liability In Nursing Home Injury Cases
- Investigating Negligent Nursing Homes
- How A Nursing Home Negligence Lawyer Can Help
- Nursing Homes and Premises Liability
- Preventing Elder Abuse
- Reporting Elder Abuse In Georgia
- Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect Statistics
We're here for you when you need us most. That's because we believe in fighting for justice for families and restoring dignity to injury victims. Contact our law firm and find out how we can help your family.
"How can Attorney Johnson help me with my case?"
You might think you don't need a lawyer if a loved one has been harmed in a nursing home. All you have to do is contact the proper state or local authorities, and they will investigate your abuse or neglect claims.
Don't be so sure. The reality is state and local investigators do not work for you. They're focused on determining whether abuse or neglect occurred in a nursing home. They're not concerned with whether your family is compensated for the injuries sustained by your loved one. As your attorney, George S. Johnson can:
- Make sure your loved one gets medical attention;
- Demand that appropriate government agencies officially investigate your case;
- Help move your loved one to another nursing home if necessary;
- File a lawsuit if necessary against the nursing home.
Seeking justice and dignity for victims and their families
The financial impact of abuse and neglect can be significant. Medical expenses can quickly add up to tens of thousands of dollars. Your loved one might also need additional surgical procedures or physical therapy. Without proper legal representation, your family could be forced to pay the bills related to the abuse or neglect.
That's not right. But George can help you avoid such financial hardship. George understands that many people spent their lives carefully planning for their retirement. Now, a major crisis could suddenly derail all those plans.
Your case is about more than just money. It's about holding abusers accountable and making nursing homes safer for every resident. Contact our law firm right now. George passionately defends the rights of injury victims and their families statewide.