We can help your family through this tough time
The death of a loved one can be a disturbing experience for anyone. But when that person dies due to the actions - or inaction - of another person, the flood of emotions can be overwhelming. Anger, grief, frustration and confusion are just some of the feelings family and friends of the deceased person experience at this traumatic time.
We understand you probably want to take some time to grieve the loss of a loved one. But the reality is you need to take strong legal action as soon as possible. Under Georgia state law, you have a limited time to file a lawsuit or pursue other legal avenues after the death of a loved one. If you wait too long, you might not be able to obtain compensation for their loss.
Fortunately, you're not alone. Attorney George S. Johnson can help your family deal with all the complex legal issues that often come up after such incidents. And since George has years of experience handling such complex cases, you know your case will be handled professionally by someone who knows how to get results.
What is a wrongful death claim?
Wrongful death is a legal term used to describe the death of a person due to negligence. There are many different types of wrongful death cases. Sometimes, a person recklessly endangers another person, leading to death. For instance, a nursing home worker could hit a patient, causing a fall leading to fatal trauma to the head. A surgeon might make a mistake resulting in the patient's death on the operating table.
Wrongful death cases are linked to the negligence of a person - and in many cases the company the person works for a facility such as a hospital or nursing home. Examples include doctor's failing to diagnose a disease, assisted living workers forgetting to give residents their medication or a nurse not properly treating an infected bed sore.
George S. Johnson has years of experience navigating the legal system for clients whose loved ones died because of negligence. Wrongful death cases cover a broad range that includes:
- Car accidents: Human error is at the root of most traffic accidents. Our firm has earned a reputation in Georgia for getting results for families who lost loved ones in crashes caused by distracted drivers, drunk drivers and other forms of negligence.
- Motorcycle accidents: Because riders and their passengers have little to protect them in a crash, it's a tragic reality that many accidents involving motorcycles result in fatalities. George S. Johnson understands how to handle these complex cases.
- Truck accidents: Crashes involving 18-wheelers or tractor-trailers can lead to loss of life because of the massive size of these large commercial vehicles. The trucking companies will fight claims by victims and surviving family members. Level the playing field with George S. Johnson.
- Poor security: Property owners have a duty to provide their tenants and guests with reasonably safe premises. However, some property owners provide little or no security at all. This happens even when they know that shootings, rapes, stabbings, and other violent crimes have been committed on or near the property. In some case, they don't warn tenants, guests, or customers of the dangers they know exist. Those guilty of providing negligent or inadequate security include:
- Apartment complexes
- Shopping centers and malls
- Office buildings
- Banks and ATM providers
- Schools, including universities
- Gas stations
Under premises liability law, a property owner or the party responsible for maintaining the property may be held legally responsible, or "liable," for the injuries of another if they were the result of a dangerous condition that existed on the property. George S. Johnson is dedicated to representing individuals who have been injured due to a property owner's failure to provide reasonable security. If you, a family member, or someone you know has been seriously and/or permanently injured or killed during a criminal attack, please contact us today.
Whatever type of case you're dealing with, it's critical that you have an experienced attorney on your side, standing up for your family's rights. George S. Johnson has built a reputation for being a top-notch personal injury lawyer who knows how to get results. That's why he's eager to meet with you. Contact us today. We help grieving families in the Atlanta area and throughout Georgia.
Why do I need a lawyer for my wrongful death case?
You might think you don't need any assistance if someone clearly did something to cause the death of a loved one. Unfortunately, most wrongful death cases are rarely straightforward. That's because the person or business that caused the death often refuses to admit any wrongdoing or take responsibility for their actions.
And even if they do admit wrongdoing, once the insurance companies and their attorneys get involved, you'll likely have a very hard time getting the money your family deserves. That's because most insurance companies only care about one thing - paying grieving families as little as possible. That's not right. That's why we want to help.
The financial impact of wrongful death case can be significant. If your spouse or parent was the primary earner in your house, your entire financial well-being could be at risk. Remember, your loved one didn't do anything wrong. Your case is not about money. It's about justice. Find out how we can help your family. Schedule your free case evaluation today. We're on your side.